CAPITAL WRAPS DO’S AND DON’TS OF CLEANING APPLIED VINYL VEHICLE GRAPHICS
• Wash applied vinyl graphics with a blend of mild car
wash detergent and clean water.
• Test any cleaning solution on a small section of the
vinyl graphic before using.
• Always read the warning labels on car care products
for proper safety instructions.
• Once you’ve washed the vehicle with a soapy water
blend, rinse with clean water.
• Do not allow fuels to contact the vinyl for extended
periods of time. Clean all spills as soon as possible.
• Do not apply carnauba-based wax over vinyl graphics.
• Do not use mechanical brush washing. Brushes can
cause vinyl graphics to scratch or chip or peel the
edges of the surface. They can also cause the graphic
to fade, and dull the appearance of the laminate.
HOW TO PROPERLY HAND WASH VINYL VEHICLE GRAPHICS
• Garden hose with standard spray nozzle
• Clean bucket
• Mild car wash detergent
• Soft cotton or micro-fiber sponge
• Dry micro-fiber clothes
• Turtle Wax Ice – Synthetic Car Wax
1. Rinse the graphic with water to wash away any loose
sediments, dust, or dirt using your garden hose with
spray nozzle attachment.
2. Mix together water and mild car wash detergent into
your bucket. (Make sure the bucket is free of dirt and
small rocks as these will scratch your car and or vinyl
3. Soak your sponge with the water and soap mixture.
4. Clean the graphic starting from the top working down
to the bottom. This will allow the dirty contaminated
water to run downward.
5. Rinse the graphic with clean water using the hose with
spray nozzle attachment.
6. Once the graphic is rinsed off with water allow it to air
dry. You may also use a micro-fiber cloth.
7. Once dry, for added protection, you may apply a
silicone or Teflon based polish designed for vinyl
vehicle graphics. (Read and follow product manufactures
directions and suggestions for frequency.)
HOW TO REMOVE DIFFICULT POLLUTANTS OR DEBRIS FROM APPLIED VEHICLE GRAPHICS
When normal cleaning procedures don’t work to remove
difficult debris from your applied vehicle graphics, first try
a spot clean the area with Isopropyl Alcohol and a microfiber
rag. For more difficult debris moisten a rag with a
citrus based or naphtha cleaner and wipe down the
problem areas. Immediately after using the citrus or
naphtha cleaner, rinse the area with water and soap.
CONCERNS ABOUT PRESSURE
WASHING VINYL VEHICLE GRAPHICS
Pressure washing should only be used when all other
cleaning methods have been exhausted. Keep the
following in mind while performing this type of cleaning…
Pressure washing (less than 800 PSI) can cause the vinyl
graphics to lift around the edges and peel away from the
vehicle. Over time, pressure washing can degrade the
face film causing the graphic to lose its luster, fade, crack
and even chip away from the substrate. We do not recomend
Capital Wraps is a premier Custom Wraps and Graphics company is located in Washington DC. For more information on vehicle wraps, fleet wraps, or our other graphic products please contact Capital Wraps at 877.775.WRAP or visit www.capitalwraps.comWarranty info for Vehicle Wraps » « Storefront Graphics and Banners- Not Just Window Dressing-